Monday, September 3, 2007

There, but for the Grace of god , Go i

Labor Day 2007
Listening to "Humankind: Barely Getting By" a documentary by David Freudberg
(http://www.humanmedia.org/catalog/home.php)
and it reminded me of one of my favorite folk sayings, ie, "there but for the Grace of God, go I"
it reflects the compassion I was taught by my parents, by the catholic church, and by the world religions i've studied and sometimes participated in- especially (at least as I understand it) Buddhism
(1) If americans, who have so much, could only adapt this as their worldview, think what we could do-if the corporate ceo's who as the introduction to this documentary point out, make hundreds of times the basic salary of the average american, could think "there but for the Grace of God go I" everyone could have health care, have enough to eat, be able to pay their rent or mortgage and there would be money left over to do good worldwide








1 see the wikipedia entry on karuna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karuna

No comments: